Please contact the clinic/health center directly to schedule an appointment.
Primary Medical Care
To receive services at VHC, patients must:
Have no form of health insurance or healthcare coverage (i.e. no MAP, Medicaid/CHIP, private insurance, etc.)
- Meet income guidelines (200% FPIL)
- Present a Photo ID (Passports not accepted)
- Present Proof of current Travis County address (ID, utility bill, or lease agreement)
A $5 donation is requested
Hours of OperationWalk-In Clinic for Acute/Primary Care:
Tuesday & Thursday evenings - 6:00 pm
What You Should Know
- Patients must bring a photo ID with a current Travis County address on it
- You must be at the Clinic at 6pm in order to receive a ticket. If you arrive after 6pm you will not be seen. Doors open at 5pm
- If address on ID is not current, a proof of residency must be provided as well (such as utility or phone bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Passports are not accepted as a form of identification
- Only patients are allowed in the waiting room due to space and health concerns. Come alone as anyone with you will be asked to wait outside
- Do not bring healthy children who do not need to be seen to the Clinic
- Children under 18 in need of medical services must be accompanied by ONLY ONE parent
- Only one parent will be able to accompany the child inside the Clinic
- You may be at the Clinic 2-3 hours (registration, triage, physician consultations, pharmacy and lab services) so please be patient and plan accordingly.
- The Clinic is staffed almost entirely with volunteers and patients are expected to treat VHC volunteers and staff with respect (and vice versa).
- The Clinic has a Suggestion Box and patient satisfaction survey in the waiting room. Please provide feedback about your experience at VHC.